Saturday, April 16, 2016

Location Review - GlowGolf

 One of my favorite fun activities around Bloomington is GlowGolf, a full 18-hole miniature golf course nestled inside College Mall. Since it isn't subjected to the weather, you can golf year-round, which, given my appetite for putt-putt, is a huge draw for me.

GlowGolf is also, as the name suggests, filled with black lights and colorful, fluorescent decorations.

Just walking in, you'll notice parts of your clothes lighting up which is always a neat part of the experience. And, of course, the golf balls themselves glow nicely under the black lights.

Unlike most miniature golf places, don't be wary of the 18th hole, as it won't take your ball away. The ticket price actually includes 3 full games. Just keep your receipt and you can come back later that day to play some more. As far as ball return goes, there is a special contest where you can win a free game of golf if you get your ball into the proper spot, but you only get one try as it does take your ball at this time.

And, if golf isn't your style, they also have a wonderful laser maze!

You can live out your action movie fantasies by navigating through the lasers in an 8 foot long, fog-filled tunnel - which is suitable for both children and adults. The laser maze has difficulty settings from "Easy" to "Expert". I've tried it on both "Easy" and "Hard", and I definitely recommend going for an easier experience - "Hard" was surprisingly challenging!

They also recently added a "3Kick" game, which I regretfully haven't had the chance to play yet. It appears to be a kick-boxing game. I don't think I have to tell you what I'll be doing the next time I go to GlowGolf.

The Verdict:

Atmosphere - GlowGolf is very festive with all the black lights and glowing murals of sea creatures on the wall. Even just walking in and looking at your glowing shoelaces is a fun experience. A

Location - Located inside the College Mall on Bloomington's east side, there is ample free parking and close proximity to dining and shopping to occupy you when you decide to take a break from golfing. If transportation is a concern, the mall is several Bloomington Transit routes, including the 9 bus from IU's campus. A

Service - The staff is always kind and courteous, and they're willing to answer any questions you might have. B

Price - $-$$ Price can vary greatly depending on how many are in your party and if you buy extras like the laser maze and kickboxing. Group rates are available.

Overall - GlowGolf is fun, affordable activity for your whole family. I always have a great time there and I hope you will too!

Visit their website here for more information

1 comment:

  1. Get Blazing Fast USA Server (Asia Optimized) For Affordable Price Here - THESTACK.NET

    ReplyDelete